Prenatal massage is therapeutic bodywork that focuses on the special needs of the mother-to-be as her body goes through the remarkable changes of pregnancy. It enhances the function of muscles and joints, improves circulation and general body tone, and relieves mental and physical fatigue. The gentle, noninvasive approach of prenatal massage can ease discomfort associated with pregnancy, help the mother-to-be prepare for labor and give her nurturing emotional support.
- Helps relieve nausea
- Increases circulation
- Increases flow of nutrients to placenta
- Aids in postural realignment
- Gives relief to joint discomfort
- Relieves minor edema by aiding venous return
- Opens chest for a deeper breath and supports learning deep breathing
- Fetus receives gentle massage and relaxation benefits
- Teaches awareness of body tension patterns.
Massage in the postpartum period helps bring the body into its pre-pregnancy alignment. A massage within the first week of postpartum feels wonderful. It flushes lactic acid out of the tissues relieving sore and achy muscles.
The benefits of postpartum massage:
- It supports and enhances the realigning process, with a focus on the pelvis and ribs
- Assists breastfeeding, alleviating tightness, helps with some breastfeeding difficulties
- Aids in the process of the uterus returning to its normal size.
- Release shoulder, neck and arm tension from the care and feeding of an infant
- Helps relieve tension from the birth process
- Helps the mother reain vital energy (chi) to help reduce fatigue
- Supports fluid balancing
- Encourages pelvic and abdominal organs to return to pre-pregnant positions.Schedule your massage now!
You can can email me at email@example.com, or call/text me at (937) 478-5620
Monday: 7AM – 12:00PM
Tuesday and Thursday: 8AM – 1PM *afternoon and evening as requested
Saturday: 7AM – 12:00PM
In order to best serve you and others, please give 24 hour notice to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
8501 Old Troy Pike, Suite 190
Huber Heights, OH 45424